Santa Clara, Calif. – June 3, 2015
WHAT: The Open Networking Foundation (ONF) and the Open Networking Summit (ONS) have announced the full list of participants in the second annual SDN Solutions Showcase, set to take place during ONS2015. For the first time, a broad range of SDN technologies, products, and applications based on OpenFlow®, OpenDaylight, the Open Network Operating System (ONOS), Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV), and vendor specific innovations will be demonstrated through pragmatic use cases. The SDN Solutions Showcase at ONS2015 will be divided into themed demonstrations that address a wide range of applications, including carrier wide area networks (WAN), data center, enterprise, network functions virtualization (NFV), security, and testing.
WHO: A total of 21 showcases from 16 anchor companies and 24 supporting companies, comprised of industry organizations and educational institutions, will highlight real-world SDN use cases in six different categories. The following is a listing of participating anchor and supporting companies, organized by category. Many of the demonstrations outlined below will also feature real-world customers highlighting their SDN deployments.
- Carrier WAN SDN: These solutions will show how SDN is changing carrier Ethernet and its services by lowering cost, increasing management control, and reducing solution complexity and speed to deployment.
- ONOS with AT&T, Ciena, Corsa Technology, Fujitsu, Huawei, Spirent Communications
- Huawei and the Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT)
- ONOS with Brocade, Internet2, and Juniper Networks
- Huawei with Sedona Systems and Telefonica
- NTT Communications and NEC
- Data Center SDN: Demonstrations of SDN deployment, orchestration, cloud integration, and gateway management.
- ECODE Networks and Pica8
- KulCloud and Pica8
- One Convergence with Cisco Systems and Avi Networks
- ONF and OpenSourceSDN.org
- Enterprise SDN: Featuring SDN solutions deployed to meet the challenges of major pain points in the enterprise, including the management of Wi-Fi demand, and the provision and Quality of Service (QoS) management of Voice Over IP (VOIP) solutions using the inherent power of SDN.
- NEC with Dell and Microsoft
- Tallac Networks with Brocade and Elbrys Networks
- NFV: These examples highlight several important building blocks and complete solutions that demonstrate both the promise and potential of NFV.
- Luxoft with Certes Networks and Qosmos
- ONOS and AT&T
- UBIqube with Juniper Networks and Orange
- University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) and BISDN GmBH
- ONOS with AT&T, Dell, InMon, and ONF
- SDN Security: This category will focus on ways that SDN technologies provide unique defensive capabilities in securing today’s networks.
- TELUS and TELUS Mobility
- SDN Testing: Introducing unique solutions that support the development of market solutions and provide insight into network performance in SDN environments.
- Flowgrammable and ONF
- Spirent Communications and Brocade
WHEN: ONS2015 will take place June 14 – 18. The SDN Solutions Showcase will be open during expo hours on June 16 from 12 – 2 p.m. and 5:30 – 8 p.m. PDT, June 17 from 12 – 8:30 p.m. PDT, and June 18 from 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. PDT.
WHERE: The Santa Clara Convention Center will host ONS2015.
To register for ONS2015, please visit: http://opennetsummit.org/conference/.
Launched in 2011 by Deutsche Telekom, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Verizon, and Yahoo!, the Open Networking Foundation (ONF) is a growing nonprofit organization with more than 140 members whose mission is to accelerate the adoption of open SDN. ONF promotes open SDN and OpenFlow® technologies and standards while fostering a vibrant market of products, services, applications, customers, and users. For further details visit the ONF website at: https://onfstaging1.opennetworking.org.
About ONS, Inc.
Created by the founders of software defined networking (SDN), Open Networking Summits Inc., a non-profit organization delivers events designed to foster an open, productive dialogue around the opportunities, challenges and key developments in the quickly evolving world of OpenFlow, SDN and network function virtualization (NFV). For the past four years, the industry’s premiere event – Open Networking Summit (ONS) – has brought the networking ecosystem of end-users, engineers, business leaders and researchers together in Silicon Valley to discuss the possibilities and shape the future of the networking industry. In addition to the annual summit, ONS offers other events to match the increasing pace of innovation in SDN/NFV/OpenFlow. These include the monthly ONS Inspire! Webinar Series, the ONS Accelerate! User-Led Workshop on SDN/NFV in Telecom Networks, the SDN Academy and the SDN Meetup events. More information on the Open Networking Summit and upcoming events can be found at http://www.OpenNetSummit.org.