A leading open-source multi-purpose leaf-spine fabric supporting distributed access networks, NFV and edge cloud applications. Trellis™ is an open source platform that reduces the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and makes it easy for operators to customize it for their applications.
Built using bare-metal switches with merchant-silicon ASICs, Trellis is currently deployed in production networks by a Tier-1 US network operator.
- Classic-SDN Control with ONOS to directly program ASIC forwarding tables in bare metal switches with merchant silicon
- L2 forwarding (Bridging) within server-racks and L3 forwarding (Routing) across racks
- MPLS Segment routing for better scale and reduced programming
- Control plane functionality with Trellis vRouter for external connectivity
- N-way redundancy and tier-1 telecom operator scale
- Support for different use cases ranging from Central Office to backhaul in operator networks
- Single-pane-of-glass monitoring and troubleshooting with ONOS
- Capex and Opex savings with white-box hardware and open source software
- Future Proof: P4 and Stratum integration to unlock advanced capabilities