OMEC T-Mobile Poland Production Code Release Workshop
T-Mobile Poland made history by rolling out a 3GPP compliant production class evolved packet core (EPC) based on ONF’s Open Mobile Evolved Core (OMEC) platform. T-Mobile Poland is using a new version of OMEC SPGW-C, SPGW-U, and Secure Billing components to provide fixed mobile services (aka wireless broadband) to its customers. The new codebases for T-Mobile SPGW-C/U and secure billing have also been interop tested with T-Mobile Poland’s existing base stations, MME, S1U/SGI aggregation routers. It is currently being validated with lawful intercept platforms. This pioneering project demonstrates the tremendous value of taking an open source approach to transforming telco networks and paves a path for other operators to follow. Together with Intel and OMEC members, T-Mobile is planning to conduct a workshop (split into two 2-hour sessions) with the below agenda.
- Opening- Stage setting
- Introduction – T-Mobile and Intel Team
- Project Background – Michal Sewera, MobiledgeX
- Overview of Fixed Mobile Service Infrastructure and PoC – Rafal Arciszewski, – T-Mobile Poland
- Feature changes to OMEC NGIC-RTC and SGX CDR – Rafal Arciszewski/Darek Jancerowicz, T-Mobile Poland
- Functionality, Performance and Limitations – Rafal Arciszewski, T-Mobile Poland
- Architectural Overview of T-Mobile Codebase – Intel team
- Critical Design Changes – Intel team
- Opensource plans and contribution guidelines –Michal Sewera, MobiledgeX/ Mariusz Kolakowski, T-Mobile Poland
- Conclusions – Todd Koelling, Intel/Sean Lion, Intel/Manoj Dhawan, Intel
- Q & A
This workshop will be delivered in two separate sessions. Please sign up for each of the sessions you would like to attend.
|March 23 – Part I||7am San Francisco, 10am New York||Recording|
|March 25 – Part II||7am San Francisco, 10am New York||Recording coming soon!|