Oct 18, 2022 to Oct 20, 2022 | Amsterdam, Netherlands
ONF will be participating at this exciting event that combines 5G, broadband and telco cloud. This is a great opportunity to network in person and get updated about the latest open source projects and activities.
- ONF Broadband Workshop | October 18th (13:00-14:30) | BBWF Expo Stage
- Network operators (Deutsche Telekom, Reliance Jio, Turk Telekom) will discuss how they are using ONF's SEBA/VOLTHA in production networks
- Integrated ecosystem vendors (Netsia, Radisys, Reply, Zyxel) will discuss their role in successful deployment of production SEBA/VOLTHA networks
- ONF stand (G19) we will feature our open source broadband (SEBA/VOLTHA) and private 5G/edge (Aether) platforms along with ONF community members. Netsia will highlight its Netsia Broadband Suite - see an overview of our demos below.
- Broadband Forum Stand (B53) ONF's SEBA/VOLTHA will be included as part of a Cloud CO demo with community member participants.
- Panel discussion: "Scouting new enterprise 5G use cases" | October 19th (11:35-12:05)
- Timon Sloane, General Manager ONF will be participating on the panel
- "ONF Open Broadband Momentum" | October 19th (2:55 - 3:15)
- Timon Sloane, General Manager ONF
Netsia BB Suite
Netsia Broadband (BB) Suite transforms operators’ access network by bringing virtualization and SDN technologies to the edge (Central Office) sites through standardized, carrier-grade, open-sourced software and commodity white-box hardware. While being based on ONF’s open-source SEBA, the product also embraces BBF’s interfaces, enriching the PON device ecosystem. Netsia BB Suite is live in Türk Telekom’s production network for more than a year now, giving triple play service to an increasing number of subscribers, targeting 300K home passes by the end of this year. Netsia BB Suite supports white-box OLTs and ONUs from different vendors, as well as BBF native OLTs through NETCONF/YANG interfaces. On top of this Netsia BB Suite will be supporting multi-tenancy (FANS) so that a single PON infrastructure will be shared by VNOs, decreasing CAPEX even more and enabling new types of services.
Stop by the Netsia kiosk to learn more about the Netsia BB Suite, take a look at how it operates with a live connection to the friendly-user-site, managing white-box OLTs and BBF native OLTs through a single pane of glass, and discuss how multi-tenancy will work in the coming releases. You can also learn the details of what has been achieved so far and plans ahead.
VOLTHA - Disaggregated virtual OLT hardware abstraction for broadband access networks
ONF’s open source VOLTHA project provides a disaggregated vendor agnostic PON control and management system for OLT and ONU hardware offering cost savings, increased flexibility while avoiding vendor lock-in through open APIs and future proofing the deployed network via the support of GPON and XGS-PON technology.
Deutsche Telekom and Türk Telekom have successfully deployed VOLTHA in their production broadband access networks along with key community system integrators, Netsia and Radisys. Stop by to learn more about VOLTHA and use cases.
Aether - Enterprise 5G connected edge platform
ONF’s Aether is the first open source 5G Connected Edge platform for research and commercial applications. It provides mobile connectivity and edge cloud services for distributed enterprise networks using licensed, unlicensed and lightly-licensed (CBRS) spectrum. Stop by to learn about this exciting solution being adopted around the world.