ONF is pleased to announce the release of VOLTHA™ v2.11, the second Long Term Support (LTS) release. An early version of this release was used as the basis for a CloudCO demo at NetworkX in Amsterdam in October 2022. The demo highlighted the collaboration between the ONF and the Broadband Forum architectures to virtualize the access network, enable interoperability and widen the ecosystem. This POC development allowed Optical Line Terminals (OLTs) to be integrated using the established VOLTHA™ framework in a CloudCO environment via Broadband Forum specified APIs. This, in turn, extends the addressable market for suppliers supporting this solution, and for operators looking to adopt standardized open-source solutions, plugging a gap in the industry.
- The Broadband Forum (BBF) models were extended to align with VOLTHA interfaces and implemented in an adapter layer at the northbound of VOLTHA. The POC work on Broadband Forum integration is demonstrated in the NetworkX event in Amsterdam in October 2022.
- CI/CD scripts are enhanced to improve visibility of job steps and failures.
- ONU OMCI counters enabled on CLI for improving system debugging.
- OMCI extended message support in openonu-adapter has been enhanced to be used in alarm and performance management data retrievals.
- New robustness tests exercise corner cases in openonu-adapter as well as the tests for OMCI extended message support.
VOLTHA is deployed in production networks at Deutsche Telekom (DT) and Türk Telekom (TT) and several other operators. Deployment, trial and test feedback, strong collaboration and ongoing development with these operators and ecosystem members continues to provide a feedback loop that ensures ongoing software quality and feature richness.
ONF Continuous Certification Program
In VOLTHA v2.11 we certified the following ONF Member hardware as part of ONF’s Continuous Certification Program:
- Edgecore ASGVolt64 GPON OLT
- Radisys 3200G GPON OLT
- Radisys 1600G GPON OLT
- Zyxel SDA3016SS Combo OLT
A huge thanks goes to all of the people, teams and companies that have participated in the release and work every day to achieve the success of this open source project. None of the results in VOLTHA could be achieved without the dedication, contributions, and expertise of the VOLTHA community, the ONF team and the ONF members and partners. Please refer to the VOLTHA v2.11 Release Notes for more information.
VOLTHA v2.11 Techinar
ONF will host a virtual VOLTHA v2.11 Techinar on February 23rd at 9:00am PDT during which we will provide an in-depth view of the release features and an opportunity for attendees to interact with project experts during a live Q&A. Register now to join us.
For question, information or to join the community, check out: